What is Eco-77 (T-77)?
- Eco-77 contains the active ingredient Trichoderma atroviride (previously known as T. harzianum) strain 77.
- T. atroviride fungus grows on wounded tissue, preventing harmful pathogens from entering the plant.
- Natural tool for management of foliar and wound diseases like Botrytis and Eutypa
- Cost effective, long term wound protection. Eco-77 has been isolated from pruning wounds up to a year after application.
- Reduces plant losses and aids recovery from mechanical or weather related injury i.e. hail damage
- Fewer plant losses resulting from wood rot pathogens like Eutypa.
- Reduce orchard and vineyard replants and improve productive life as a result of disease prevention.
- Safe, non-toxic and no with-holding period. Residue free.
- Ideal residue free, IPM and resistance management tool.
Mode of Action
The fungus in Eco-77 colonizes pruning wounds and prevents pathogens like Botrytis from gaining entrance to the plant. It will colonise any plant wound and stop disease in its tracks and so is also effective against Botrytis on the leaves, flowers and fruit. In the same way, Eco-77 protects pruning wounds on grapevines and other fruit trees, colonizing the pruning site and preventing the entry of pathogens.
The product can be applied as a full cover spray, directed spray on pruning wounds or via pruning shears with a dripper attachment. The standard dosage is 1g mixed in 2 litres of water. Eco-77 is not compatible with several broad spectrum fungicides.
Product Use Registrations
While ongoing trials and experiments are being undertaken on various plant and pest combinations, product application registrations will vary from country to country. Please consult with your local specialist or government department for compliance with applicable laws regarding specific use.
South African Registration Number: L7495
Eco-77 is registered for cucumbers and tomatoes against Botrytis and for grapevine pruning wounds against Eutypa.
See product label for more details.