Biofungicide and Biostimulant
Eco-T in a graphite/talc lubricant formulation, suitable for use with mechanical planters.
What is Eco-T Ezi-Flo?
- Eco-T contains the active ingredient Trichoderma asperellum (previously known as T. harzianum)
- Eco-T is a Biofungicide that prevents infection by root pathogens such as Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora, Fusarium and others.
- Eco-T acts as a Biostimulant to enhance plant growth through the development of a larger, healthier and more effective root system.
- Eco-T improves germination offering faster seedling development and in general, treated crops are healthier and more productive.
- graphite/talc lubricant formulation, suitable for use with mechanical planters. Also available in a wettable powder concentrate.
- Safe, non-toxic and no with-holding period. Residue free.
- Ideal for use in IPM programs and following soil sterilisation.
Mode of Action
Trichoderma spores germinate and colonize the soil immediately surrounding plant roots, living off the nutrients that all plants exude from their roots. Trichoderma is fast-growing and capable of out-competing and displacing crop pathogens (i.e. disease-causing organisms). It also forms various compounds which are inhibitory to the growth of other micro-organisms.
Supplied in a graphite/talc lubricant formulation, suitable for use with mechanical planters. Also available in a wettable powder concentrate.
The graphite/talc lubricant formulation enables “easy flow” through a mechanical planter when planting row crops such as maize, wheat, sunflower and soya bean. The product is mixed directly into the seed hopper of the planter with the seed. This method of application allows for good, even coverage of the seed with the lubricant and the beneficial Trichoderma spores. The spores coat the seed and then germinate along with the seed.
The product can be used as a seed dressing or soil drench. Seed treatment is generally recommended for field crops, while drenching is the best method to use in nurseries and tunnels. Application rates vary according to crop and growth factors. For row crops such as maize, soya, sunflower, dry bean, the product is applied at a rate of 1g per kg seed at a minimum of 25g per hectare (1 scoop). For smaller seed such as carrots and onions the rate is 50g per kg seed (2 scoops).
Product Use Registrations
While ongoing trials and experiments are being undertaken on various plant and pest combinations, product application registrations will vary from country to country. Please consult with your local specialist or government department for compliance with applicable laws regarding specific use.
South African Registration Number: L9276
Eco-T Ezi-Flo is registered for use on a wide variety of vegetables, crops, ornamentals and Eucalyptus species.
See product label for more details.