PHP currently has a vacancy for a Technical Product Manager based in Howick, KZN, ZA
The product manager is responsible for the management of the PHP-developed and -produced products to meet global needs. This is a technical and marketing role. Knowledge of plant pathology, agriculture and the agricultural industry is important. This role includes close co-operation with technical and regulatory departments within PHP as well as marketing the products to subsidiary distribution companies within the Andermatt group. The product manager provides input for the market position and technical development of the products to support the implementation of sales strategies by Distributing ABC Companies. The applicant must have good interpersonal skills, a good understanding of the agricultural sector and be prepared to travel occasionally.
- Product Management: Responsible for the product management of the products to meet global needs.
- Acquiring an in-depth knowledge of PHP products
- Sharing this knowledge with the other subsidiaries within the Andermatt Group and training individuals within the subsidiaries regarding the products. On going technical product support, information sharing and other marketing inputs related to PHP products.
- Working with the subsidiaries to strategize and position the PHP products within the different agricultural crops and sectors in the different countries.
- Liaising with regulatory personnel
- Development of product financial plans and estimates of market volumes with marketers
- Building good working relationships with the personnel at the different subsidiaries
- Market knowledge and business strategy: Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical development that affect the market for the products.
- Customer needs: Working with Distributing Companies, understand customer needs and ensure the development of effective products and services. Consolidate information concerning product performance, customers expectation, intelligence on competitors and trigger product modification.
- Forecasting and production scheduling. Liaising with Distributing Companies and manufacturing sites. Provide up to date, accurate forecasting for production planning
- Cost of Transfer Pricing: provide transfer pricing for the Distributing Companies.
- Post graduate degree in agriculture or related natural sciences.
- At least 3 years work experience in a related field.
- In depth knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Suite
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Good people skills.
Please send a motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 February 2020