Plant Health Products (Pty) Ltd (PHP) is a leading producer of a range of biocontrol products for agriculture. The PHP production facility is based near Howick, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
PHP is looking for a Senior Bookkeeper to be responsible for the management of accounting and administration and to provide assistance to the General Manager and CEO.
Duties and Deliverables:
- Advanced knowledge of ZA bookkeeping practices, especially for a manufacturing business.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of the Pastel suite
- Check and verify accounting records
- Allocate and post financial transactions
- Reconcile and balance all accounts
- Collate and analyze account data and generate financial reports
- Track and maintain inventory records
- Maintain internal control systems
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare payments, and bank deposits
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Full bookkeeping function up to Balance Sheet
- Assist with audits when required
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Assist the General Manager
- General administration work may be required.
- Applicants must currently reside in Howick/Midlands area
- Matric + Relevant tertiary qualification, either or – BCom or Dip in accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and experience in working to deadlines
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Responsible and organized
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills including Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Pastel Suite.
- Good references
This is a new position at PHP and is available as soon as possible. The hours are negotiable. The company remunerates at market related, experience and skill-related levels.
Please send CV’s and a letter of motivation to Kristy le Voy at email@example.com
The company reserves the right to shortlist suitable candidates for potential interviews. The company reserves the right to not fill the vacancy should a suitable candidate not be forthcoming.