PLANT HEALTH PRODUCTS is looking for a PRODUCTION MANAGER to join our team at our Dargle facility.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Production Manager is to plan, coordinate, and control the manufacturing processes of the company to ensure the quality of its products and the efficiency of its supply chain and processes. The Production Manager is responsible for pre-production planning, as well as controlling and supervising the company’s manufacturing functions. This involves managing the flow of product through raw material purchasing, in-house manufacturing, to finished goods warehouse to ensure timely delivery of the product at every stage
- Manage and support SHEQ initiatives and objectives.
- Define, propose and implement the annual production planning.
- Cost management of products and assist with new product costings models.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Manage all activities within the production process, including maintenance and the workforce.
- Assist with logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
- Manage all teams within your production department (contracts/leave/pay).
- Create and implement organisational/production changes on an operative level.
- Focus on growing business and revenue by implementing necessary changes to product/production line to enter new markets or grow existing territories.
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Excellent communication, numeracy, and computer literacy skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Identifying problems and implementing preventative strategies to minimise risk.
- Being able to develop good working relationships and trust with various teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail oriented.
- Always keeping the end-user/customer in mind.
- Ability to implement and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- At least 5 years’ experience in a people management position is essential
Degree/Diploma in Production/Operations/Agricultural Production Management would be an advantage.
Should you meet the above criteria, please send current CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.