PLANT HEALTH PRODUCTS is looking for a PRODUCTION MANAGER to join our team at our Dargle facility.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Production Manager is to plan, coordinate, and control the manufacturing processes of the company to ensure the quality of its products and the efficiency of its supply chain and processes.
The Production Manager is responsible for pre-production planning, as well as controlling and supervising the company’s manufacturing functions. This involves managing the flow of product through raw material purchasing, in-house manufacturing, to finished goods warehouse to ensure timely delivery of the product at every stage.
- Manage and support SHEQ initiatives and objectives.
- Define, propose and implement the annual production planning.
- Cost management of products and assist with new product costings models.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Manage all activities within the production process, including maintenance and the workforce.
- Assist with logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
- Manage all teams within your production department.
- Create and implement organisational/production changes on an operative level.
- Focus on growing business and revenue by implementing necessary changes to product/production line to enter new markets or grow existing territories.
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Excellent communication, numeracy, and computer literacy skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Identifying problems and implementing preventative strategies to minimise risk.
- Being able to develop good working relationships and trust with various teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail oriented.
- Always keeping the end-user/customer in mind.
- Ability to implement and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
Degree/Diploma in Production/Operations/Agricultural Production Management would be an advantage.
Should you meet the above criteria, please send current CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.
What is biocontrol?
Biological control (biocontrol) is an environmentally sound method of controlling or suppressing pests and diseases using their naturally-occurring enemies or biological antagonists. These living organisms may be predators (predatory mites, ladybirds etc), parasitoids (wasps etc) or microbes (fungi, bacteria or viruses). Biological control is an important component of integrated pest management (IPM) programs. Biocontrol products are usually referred to as biofungicides or bioinsecticides, depending on the target organism.
What are bioinoculants and biofertilizers?
These terms are generally used interchangeably to refer to products containing beneficial bacteria, fungi and other natural substances that can be added to the soil to improve or maintain the growth of plants or the productivity of the soil. These are often naturally-occurring organisms and compounds that have been depleted from the soil as a result of modern farming practices. Biofertilizers and bioinoculants perform a broad range of functions, including the fixation of nutrients, protection from pathogens, production of bioactive compounds. The microorganisms in these products often colonize the plant’s roots and promote growth by increasing the supply or availability of nutrients to the host plant.
WHY CHOOSE BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS?
- Environmentally Friendly
- Benefits crop quality
- Useful as a stand alone solution or as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programme
- No chemical residues or withholding periods
- Non-toxic and safe for workers and consumers
- Minimal effect on non-target organisms
Cavity spot caused by Pythium spp. is a significant disease in carrots, reducing harvest quality and resulting in major losses. Eco-T was tested for control of Pythium in carrots in the Western Cape, South Africa.Soil drench applications of Eco-T were compared to a standard registered fungicide and an untreated control. Eco-T treatment significantly reduced Pythium disease incidence and performed as well as the chemical fungicide. In addition, Eco-T treatment increased yield at harvest in comparison to the untreated control and the chemical fungicide.