Biofungicide and Biostimulant
What is Eco-T?
- Eco-T contains the active ingredient Trichoderma asperellum (previously known as T. harzianum)
- Eco-T is a Biofungicide that prevents infection by root pathogens such as Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora, Fusarium and others.
- Eco-T acts as a Biostimulant to enhance plant growth through the development of a larger, healthier and more effective root system.
- Eco-T improves germination offering faster seedling development and in general, treated crops are healthier and more productive.
- Eco-T is a Wettable Powder formulation for general purpose seed coating and in furrow or drench applications
- Safe, non-toxic and no with-holding period. Residue free.
- Ideal for use in IPM programs and following soil sterilisation
Mode of Action
Trichoderma spores germinate and colonize the soil immediately surrounding plant roots, living off the nutrients that all plants exude from their roots. Trichoderma is fast-growing and capable of out-competing and displacing crop pathogens (i.e. disease-causing organisms). It also forms various compounds which are inhibitory to the growth of other micro-organisms.
The product can be used as a seed dressing or soil drench. Seed treatment is generally recommended for field crops, while drenching is the best method to use in nurseries and tunnels. Application rates vary according to crop and growth factors (see table).
Product Use Registrations
While ongoing trials and experiments are being undertaken on various plant and pest combinations, product application registrations will vary from country to country. Please consult with your local specialist or government department for compliance with applicable laws regarding specific use.
South African Registration Number: L7495.
Eco-T is registered for use on a wide variety of vegetables, crops, ornamentals and Eucalyptus species.
See product label for more details.